This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
F1 FasCard Reader
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See F1: FasCard Reader Mounting Guide for more information.
Confirm machine power is disconnected before beginning installation! Use caution and appropriate protection to prevent hand and eye injury during installation!
Confirm machine power is disconnected before beginning installation!
Use caution and appropriate protection to prevent hand and eye injury during installation!
- Place the C-5700-TEMP Drill Template on the desired mounting location.
- Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components.
- Refer to FasCard Mounting Guide for further instructions.
Power Adapter Harness
Power Extension Harness
- Tap power as described in the Fascard Reader Install - Universal Concepts document using the C-5101 Spade Taps provided.
- Connect the C-5210 Power Adapter Harness to the installed spade taps. Connect the opposite end to the C-5602 Power Converter.
- Connect the C-5500 Power Extension Harness to the appropriate connector on the C-5602 Power Converter. The remaining cable end connects to the FasCard reader.
- Disconnect the Common, Normally Open, and Normally Closed wires from the Coin Drop.
- Connect the C-5334-3 Combination Harness to the disconnected wires.
- Match disconnected wires to harness- NC to NC, NO to NO, Common to Common/Gnd.
- (For card only setups, skip this step.) Connect the C-5334-3 Combination Harness to the Coin Drop.
- Connect Blue wires to Common and NC terminals.
- Remove wires from Coin Block solenoid and connect to White (male) wires.
- Connect White (female) wires to Coin Block solenoid.
Power Extension Harness
- Feed remaining harness ends through mounting hole as described in F1: FasCard Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the white connector on the C-5334-3 Combination Harness to port 2 (Pulse Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- (For card only setups, skip this step.) Connect the black connector on the C-5334-3 Combination Harness to port 3 (Coin Sense Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-5500 Power Extension Harness to port 4 (C-5500 Power Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect FasCard reader to base as described in the FasCard Mounting Guide.
- Program the card reader address as described here: How to Program Address on a FasCard Reader.