Average Installation Time
On This Page
TEST F2 Reader Installation Guides
This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
One of the following readers.
LC WiFi Reader
LC WiFi Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
High Front/Top Mount
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See 0005 F2 Reader Install Guide for more information.
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Install Mounting Hardware
Coin and Card
Place the C-6700-TEMP Drill Template on the desired mounting location.
Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components.
Refer to F2 Reader Mounting Guide for further instructions.
Tap power as described in the Fascard Reader Install - Universal Concepts document by connecting the C-5210 Power Adapter Harness to the incoming power wires.
120vac: Tap and connect the blue wire to L1 and the brown wire to N.
240vac: Tap and connect the brown and blue wires to connectors L1 and L2 wires.
Tap and connect the green wire to the ground wire.
Connect the opposite end of the C-5210 Power Adapter Harness to the C-5602 Power Converter.
Connect the C-5500 Power Extension Harness to the appropriate connector on the C-5602 Power Converter. The remaining cable end connects to the FasCard reader.
Connect Coin Sense Harness
Coin Drop: Phase 7
- Disconnect the Coin Drop from the Machine Control Assembly.
- Connect the C-6368 Coin Sense Harness to the harness connected to the Coin Drop.
Connect Machine Interface Harness
- Connect the C-5345 Machine Start Harness to the Coin 1 connector on the Machine Control Assembly.
Optional: Stack Add-on Installation
Pulse - Coin and Card
- Run C-5345 Machine Start Harness and C-6368 Coin Sense Harness to the lower pocket control board.
- Connect C-5345 Machine Start Harness to the Coin 1 connection and the C-6368 Coin Sense Harness to the coin drop designated for the lower pocket.
- Connect the C-6400 Stack Add-on Board to port 5 (Serial Connection Port) on the F2 reader.
- Connect the C-5345 Machine Start Harness connected to the lower pocket Machine Control Assembly to the J1 connection on the C-6400 Stack Add-on Board.
- Connect the C-6358 Coin Sense Harness connected to the upper pocket Coin Drop to port 3 (Coin 1 Sense Harness Connection Port) on the F2 reader.
- Connect the C-6358 Coin Sense Harness connected to the lower pocket Coin Drop to port 4 (Coin 2 Sense Harness Connection Port) on the F2 reader.
Connect and Mount Reader
|1||Power Connection Port||Utilizes the same power harnesses as the first generation FasCard reader.|
|2||Pulse Connection Port||Connection point for pulse machine start harnesses.|
|3||Coin 1 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 1.|
|4||Coin 2 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 2.|
|5||Serial Connection Port||This is the connection point for serial machine start harnesses.|
- Feed remaining harness ends through the mounting hole as described in the F2 Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the free end of the C-5345 Machine Start Harness to port 2 (Pulse Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-6368 Coin Sense Harness to port 3 (Coin Sense Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-5500-60 Power Harness to port 1.
- Secure the FasCard reader to base as described in the F2 Reader Mounting Guide.
FasCard Admin Site Configuration
Use the following settings depending on the Machine Start Harness used.
- Equipment Type: SingleVend
- Pulse Length: 100