Average Installation Time
On This Page
If a customer requests serial communication setup for A-Micro controls: https://confluence.laundrycard.com/x/ZIAvB
TEST F2 Reader Installation Guides
This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
One of the following readers.
LC WiFi Reader
LC WiFi Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
High Front/Top Mount
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See 0676 F2 Reader Install Guide for more information.
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Install Mounting Hardware
Coin and Card
Place the C-6700-TEMP Drill Template on the desired mounting location.
Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components.
Refer to FasCard Mounting Guide for further instructions.
Remove existing coin box.
- Install the C-5365 Bypass Harness by removing the coin vault switch and connecting the spade terminal connections to C-5365 Bypass Harness.
Bend the side tabs of the C-6936 Bracket outward and install into the coin vault. The tabs should snap into place securing the bracket.
Attach the C-5414 F2 Mounting Bracket to the Coin Vault Bracket using C-0144 screws.
- Tap power as described in the Fascard Reader Install - Universal Concepts document using the C-5101 Spade Taps provided.
- Connect the C-5336 Power Adapter Harness to the installed spade taps. Connect the opposite end to the C-5602 Power Converter.
- Connect the C-5500 Power Extension Harness to the appropriate connector on the C-5602 Power Converter. The remaining cable end connects to the FasCard reader.
Connect Coin Sense Harness
Coin Drop: EDC Control
- Disconnect the Coin Drop from the Machine Control Assembly.
- Connect the C-6250 Coin Sense Harness to the harness connected to the Coin Drop.
Coin Drop: MD2 Control
- Disconnect the Coin Eye Harness from the Coin Drop.
- Connect the C-6307 Coin Sense Harness end with the red, blue, and green wires to the harness connected to the Coin Drop.
- Connect the matching two white male connectors on the C-6307 Machine Start Harness to the wires previously connected to the Coin Blocking Solenoid.
Connect Machine Interface Harness
Pulse - EDC Control
- Connect the C-5300-NC Machine Start Harness to the Coin 1 connector on the Machine Control Assembly.
Pulse - MD2 Control
- Connect the C-6307 Machine Start Harness connector with the purple wires to the Coin Counting Board Harness where the coin drop was previously connected.
- Connect the matching two white female connectors on the C-6307 Machine Start Harness to the Coin Blocking Solenoid.
Connect and Mount Reader
|1||Power Connection Port||Utilizes the same power harnesses as the first generation FasCard reader.|
|2||Pulse Connection Port||Connection point for pulse machine start harnesses.|
|3||Coin 1 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 1.|
|4||Coin 2 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 2.|
|5||Serial Connection Port||This is the connection point for serial machine start harnesses.|
- Feed remaining harness ends through the mounting hole as described in the F1: FasCard Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the free end of the Machine Start Harness to port 2 (Pulse Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the Coin Sense Harness to port 3 (Coin Sense Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-5500 Power Harness to port 1.
- Secure the FasCard reader to base as described in the FasCard Mounting Guide.
FasCard Admin Site Configuration
Use the following settings depending on the Machine Start Harness used.
Pulse (C-5300-NC, C-6307)
- Equipment Type: SingleVend
- Pulse Length: -80