Average Installation Time
On This Page
TEST F2 Reader Installation Guides
This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
One of the following readers.
LC WiFi Reader
LC WiFi Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
High Front/Top Mount
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See 3480 F2 Reader Install Guide for more information.
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Install Mounting Hardware
Coin and Card
Place the C-5700-TEMP Drill Template on the desired mounting location.
Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components.
Refer to FasCard Mounting Guide for further instructions.
Card Only - Coin Ready
Remove existing coin box.
- Disconnect harness connection from the Vault Switch. Connect both ends to the C-5365 Bypass Harness.
Bend the side tabs of the C-6936 Vault Bracket outward and install into the coin vault. The tabs should snap into place securing the bracket.
Attach the C-5414 Mounting Bracket to the C-6936 Vault Bracket with C-0144 Screws so it's secure against the machine panel.
Card Only - Card Ready
- Remove existing Alliance payment device bracket.
- Install the C-6970 Alliance Mounting Bracket into the opening on the control panel for mounting card readers using the existing hardware.
- Attach C-5414 Mounting Bracket to the C-6970 Alliance Mounting Bracket using the C-1060 Screws.
Connect the C-6204 Power Adapter Harness (12VDC power) to the H10 connection on the Machine Control Assembly.
Secure the green wire beneath a chassis ground screw.
Connect Coin Sense Harness
Coin Drop: Factory
- Disconnect the Coin Drop from the Machine Control Assembly.
- Connect the C-6250 Coin Sense Harness to the harness connected to the Coin Drop.
Connect Machine Interface Harness
Pulse and Serial
- Connect the C-5240 Machine Start Harness to the H3 connection on the Machine Control Assembly.
Optional: Stack Add-on Installation
Pulse and Serial
- Run C-5240-144 Machine Start Harness and C-6250-144 Coin Sense Harness to the second Machine Control Assembly.
- Connect C-5240-144 Machine Start Harness to the H3 connection and the C-6250-144 Coin Sense Harness to the Coin 1 connection on the second Machine Control Assembly.
- Connect the C-6401 Stack Add-on Board to port 5 (Serial Connection Port) on the F2 reader.
- Connect the Machine Start Harness connected to the upper pocket Machine Control Assembly to Unit 1 on the Stack Add-on Board.
- Connect the Machine Start Harness connected to the lower pocket Machine Control Assembly to Unit 2 on the Stack Add-on Board.
- Connect the Coin Sense Harness connected to the upper pocket Coin Drop to port 3 (Coin 1 Sense Harness Connection Port) on the F2 reader.
- Connect the Coin Sense Harness connected to the lower pocket Coin Drop to port 4 (Coin 2 Sense Harness Connection Port) on the F2 reader.
Connect and Mount Reader
|1||Power Connection Port||Utilizes the same power harnesses as the first generation FasCard reader.|
|2||Pulse Connection Port||Connection point for pulse machine start harnesses.|
|3||Coin 1 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 1.|
|4||Coin 2 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 2.|
|5||Serial Connection Port||This is the connection point for serial machine start harnesses.|
Stack Add-on Installation
If installing optional stack add-on components, skip steps 2 - 3.
- Feed remaining harness ends through the mounting hole as described in the F1: FasCard Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the free end of the C-5240 Machine Start Harness to port 5 (Serial Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-6250 Coin Sense Harness to port 3 (Coin Sense Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-6204-40 Power Harness to port 1.
- Secure the FasCard reader to base as described in the FasCard Mounting Guide.
Machine ConfigurationACA machines using a serial configuration require dip switch 3 on the Machine Control Board to be set to the 'ON' position. Leave all other dip switches as is.
FasCard Admin Site Configuration
Use the following settings depending on the Machine Start Harness used.
- Equipment Type: SingleVend
- Pulse Length: -80
- Equipment Type: Alliance ACA