Average Installation Time
On This Page
TEST F2 Reader Installation Guides
This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
One of the following readers.
LC WiFi Reader
LC WiFi Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
High Front/Top Mount
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See 3552 F2 Reader Install Guide for more information.
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Install Mounting Hardware
Coin and Card
Place the C-6700-TEMP Drill Template on the desired mounting location.
Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components.
Refer to F2 FasCard Reader Mounting Guide for further instructions.
Card Only - Coin Ready Models
Remove existing coin box.
- Remove Vault Switch and bridge the wires previously connected to the Vault Switch with the C-5365 Bypass Harness.
Bend the side tabs of the C-6602 Vault Bracket outward and install into the coin vault. The tabs should snap into place securing the bracket.
- Before securing the reader to the machine with C-0144 Screws, place the C-0906 Spacer between the reader and machine so the Screws pass through the circular holes in the Spacer.
Card Only - Card Ready Models
- Install the C-6970 Alliance Mounting Bracket into the opening on the control panel for mounting card readers and coin drops.
- Attach the C-5414 F2 Mounting Bracket to the C-6970 Alliance Mounting Bracket and secure using the C-1060 Screws.
- Refer to F2 FasCard Reader Mounting Guide for further instructions.
Connect the C-6204-40 Power Adapter Harness (12VDC power) to the H10 connection on the Machine Control Assembly.
Secure the green wire beneath the ground screw.
Connect Coin Sense Harness
Coin Drop: Factory
- Disconnect the coin drop from the machine control assembly.
- Connect the C-6250 Coin Sense Harness to the harness connected to the coin drop.
Connect Machine Interface Harness
Pulse and Serial
- Connect the C-5240 Machine Start Harness to the H3 connector on the Machine Control Assembly.
Connect and Mount Reader
|1||Power Connection Port||Utilizes the same power harnesses as the first generation FasCard reader.|
|2||Pulse Connection Port||Connection point for pulse machine start harnesses.|
|3||Coin 1 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 1.|
|4||Coin 2 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 2.|
|5||Serial Connection Port||This is the connection point for serial machine start harnesses.|
- Feed remaining harness ends through mounting hole as described in F2 FasCard Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the free end of the C-5240 Machine Start Harness to port 5 (Serial Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-6250 Coin Sense Harness to port 3 (Coin 1 Sense Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-6204-40 Power Extension Harness to port 1 (Power Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect FasCard reader to base as described in the F2 FasCard Reader Mounting Guide.
Machine ConfigurationACA machines using a serial configuration require dip switch 3 on the Machine Control Board to be set to the 'ON' position. Leave all other dip switches as is.
FasCard Admin Site Configuration
Use the following settings depending on the Machine Start Harness used.
- Equipment Type: SingleVend
- Pulse Length: -80
- Equipment Type: Alliance ACA H7S Tumbler Dryer A1 - MDC II