Managing User Accounts
User Accounts are not eligible for Loyalty programs (e.g. free dry, loyalty points, etc).
Navigating to the User Accounts page under the Users tab will display an alphabetical list of the users that have been configured for the system. Clicking anywhere on a users row will display the additional details in the 'User Details' section of the page. Clicking the Add New button allows a new user to be added.
Add or Edit a User
To view a step by step guide to adding a new user, click the expanding header below this box titled 'Add a User - Step by Step'.
- Navigate to the FasCard Admin site and sign in with an Admin or User Manager account.
- Click the Users tab.
- Click Add New.
- Enter basic contact information. Only a Name is required, but users without a configured email address cannot access the FasCard Admin site.
- Select appropriate settings in the User Privileges section. For more details, see User Privileges.
- If multiple locations or Location Groups are configured, the Locations section will appear adjacent to User Privileges.
- Select appropriate locations or location groups for the user.
- Click Save.
- Users with Website Privileges and a valid email address will be sent an email to request a password be created for the account.
- Once a password is created, users with Website Privileges can now log into the FasCard Admin site.
- Balance can now be added for the user account if required.
- If Balance is added, click Save to finalize account change.
Once a user is selected, the User Details section displays the basic information for a selected user and allows editing of user privileges and location access. To add a new user, click Add New - the same basic fields will be displayed for editing.
- Name - The name of the selected user (Required Field).
- Title - The title of the selected user.
- Email - The email of the selected user, this will also be their ID used for logging onto website. This field is not required, but a user without an email address will not be able to sign into the Admin site. This email address must be unique within the store account.
- Phone - The phone number of the selected user.
Card # - The card number that is being assigned to the user, if applicable.
Balance - The value that will be available to user when they use their card on a FasCard reader (Can only be set after account is created).
- Status- This drop down menu allows a user's status to be changed.
- Active - User is granted access to FasCard administration site.
- Inactive - User is not granted access to FasCard administration site.
- Disabled - User is not granted access to FasCard administration site.
User accounts can be linked across multiple FasCard accounts. Configuring a User account with the same email address in each FasCard account will automatically link the user to those accounts. All associated accounts can then be managed using the same login credentials, with user privileges specific to each account. Deleting the user account from a FasCard account will remove the account linkage without deleting the user account from other FasCard accounts.
The User Privileges section allows administrator to assign the appropriate level of employee access to the FasCard system.
Users with All Privileges (Administrator Accounts)
Admin - Users with this permission have full rights and access to all user privileges including access to the FasCard Admin Site - Server Management page and Users pages. Admin users are the only users who are capable of changing the credit amount in a customer's Loyalty account.
Users with Website Privileges
- User Manager - Users with this permission have access to the Users page and can create new or modify existing user accounts. User Managers can modify the permissions of all users except for Admin level users.
- Machine Setup - Users with this permission have access to the FasCard Admin Site - Machine Setup page and the Maintenance & Diagnostics Functions on FasCard readers.
- Pricing - Users with this permission have access to the Pricing & Features page.
- Loyalty Accounts - Users with this permission have access to the FasCard Admin Site - Loyalty Accounts page.
- Equipment Setup - Users with this permission have access to the FasCard Admin Site - Equipment Setup page.
- Location Setup - Users with this permission have access to the FasCard Admin Site - Location Setup page.
- Report Admin - Users with this permission have access to the FasCard Admin Site - Reports page.
- Loyalty Settings - Users with this permission have access to the FasCard Admin Site - Loyalty Settings, FasCard Admin Site - Loyalty Groups, and Retail Cards pages.
Users with Card Reader Privileges
- Collector - Users with this permission have special card access to collector functions on FasCard readers. See How to Collect a FasCard reader.
- System Maintenance - Users with this permission have access to the FasCard Admin Site - System Maintenance page and the Maintenance & Diagnostics Functions on FasCard readers.
Users with No Assigned Privileges
User accounts with no assigned privileges are considered to be 'Card Only' users and have no special access to card readers functions or the FasCard Admin site. They may be assigned a card with a balance configured by an Admin or User Manager and their activity will be reported on the Employee Activity report.
Locations and Location Groups
The Location section allows an administrator to assign which locations a selected user has access to. This limits user access to the selected locations. Select the the individual locations for which the user will have access or select the All Locations option if multiple locations are configured. If Location Groups are enabled, individual groups may be selected from the list or given access to all location groups using the All Location Groups option.
Delete a User
- Navigate to the User Accounts page under the Users tab.
- Use the search function or manually locate the user.
- Select the user account by clicking the user name.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm deletion or click Cancel.