Bill Acceptor Status
Frequency of Cleaning: Monthly
- Upon opening the X-Changer, inspect the rear of the bill acceptor and check for any abnormal status conditions, as illustrated below in Fig. 1a and Fig. 1b. If no abnormal status conditions exist, proceed to step 2.
Bill Acceptor Magazine
- Follow the steps to remove the bill magazine and access the bill path, as illustrated on the bill acceptor magazine and above in Fig. 2a and Fig. 2b.
- Verify that bill path is clear of dust and debris (Fig. 3a).
- Clean wheels using a laundry card and scrape the debris off of the wheels while rotating.
- NOTE Do not use any metal objects to scrape the wheels.
- Using a lint-free cloth and Windex, clean the lens window as needed before sliding bill sensor back into place.
- With the same cloth, clean the inside of the bill acceptor, belts and platen.
- Reinsert the sensor tray
- Reconnect bill acceptor magazine.
- Video provided by MEI