The Test and Trust feature is an authorization mode that charges retail customers a small fee when using their credit cards to "Test" they have a legitimate bank account to complete transactions. This "Test" amount of $0.29 is set by CCI and cannot be changed. The "Trust" amount is set by the Store Owner.
Test and Trust works as outlined below:
- Retail customer swipes their credit/debit card.
- Test amount of $0.29 is charged.
- If successful, the card is validated, and the test amount is voided.
- The customer can then spend up to a designated "Trust" amount and will not be charged the "Test" amount again until the system resets.
- The system reset occurs when the two-hour idle time has passed with no activity from the same customer.
- Once the two hours has passed, the system captures the amount the customer has spent, and the system will reset, ready to accept the customer's next spending activity.
If at any time the FasCard system attempts to capture the amount a customer has spent, but fails (See below Failed Scenarios #2), the lost amount will show on the Credit Card Captures Report under the Reports tab in the FasCard Admin site.)
ADDITIONAL TRANSACTION FEES
AUTH.NET WILL CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL TRANSACTION FEE ON THIS TEST AND TRUST AMOUNT OF $0.29. SOME CREDIT CARD PROCESSORS MAY ALSO CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL FEE ON THIS AMOUNT. You may want to check with your processor to see what fees they charge.
FasCard will remember a card that fails to capture while in Test and Trust Mode - essentially one that cannot be trusted – for 7 days. If the card is reswiped during that time then FasCard will revert to the original 'Pre-Auth & Hold' logic when authorizing the card.