This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
F1 FasCard Reader
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See F1: FasCard Reader Mounting Guide for more information.
Confirm machine power is disconnected before beginning installation! Use caution and appropriate protection to prevent hand and eye injury during installation!
Confirm machine power is disconnected before beginning installation!
Use caution and appropriate protection to prevent hand and eye injury during installation!
F1 Reader Mounting Kit
- Place the C-5700-TEMP Drill Template on the desired mounting location.
- Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components.
- Refer to FasCard Mounting Guide for further instructions.
Power Adapter Harness
Power Extension Harness
- Tap power as described in the Fascard Reader Install - Universal Concepts document by connecting the C-5203 Power Adapter Harness to terminal strip or contacts L1 and L2.
- Connect the ground wire to a chassis screw.
- Connect the opposite end to the C-5602 Power Converter.
- Connect the C-5500 Power Extension Harness to the appropriate connector on the C-5602 Power Converter. The remaining cable end connects to the FasCard reader.
- Disconnect the Coin Eye Harness from the Coin Drop.
- Connect the C-5251 Coin Sense Harness to the Coin Eye Sensor on the Coin Drop.
- Connect the C-5251 Machine Start Harness to the Coin Counting Board Harness where the coin drop was previously connected.
- The remaining tap connections should be inserted between the coin block solenoid and the existing harness connected to the solenoid.
- Disconnect the existing harness and match the male/female connectors on that side and the solenoid side of the circuit.
- Feed remaining harness ends through mounting hole as described in F1: FasCard Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the free end (white connector) of the C-5307 Machine Start Harness to port 2 (Pulse Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end (black connector) of the C-5307 Coin Sense Harness to port 3 (Coin Sense Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the C-5500 Power Extension Harness to port 4 (C-5500 Power Harness Connection Port) as shown above.
- Connect FasCard reader to base as described in the FasCard Mounting Guide.
- Program the card reader address as described here: How to Program Address on a FasCard Reader.