Add Value To A Card Using Cash
- Insert your card into the X-changer. The balance will show on the screen. (Leave your card inserted while you complete the other steps.)
- Insert bills into the bill acceptor and your balance will be updated automatically.
- *If you received any bonuses, your balance will be automatically updated and you will see additional money on your card.
- Select More Details in the balance window to see the breakdown of money on your card.
Add Value To A Card Using A Credit Card
In some locations it may be possible to use your credit card to add value to your card. If this feature is available, then you will see an option on the screen that you may select to use a credit card. Once this option is selected you will be prompted and guided through inserting or swiping your credit card to complete the transaction. A receipt may be available from a remote printer in the store of your transaction. See the store attendant for the location of the receipt printer.
NON-EMV CREDIT CARDS, SUCH AS RETAIL STORE CARDS, ARE NOT ACCEPTED
Non-EMV credit cards such as a Kohl's charge card or a Home Depot charge card are NOT ACCEPTED to add value or purchase a new LaundryCard.
- Insert your LaundryCard into the X-Changer. Your balance will appear.
- Select the Credit/Debit button.
- Enter the value amount you want to add to your LaundryCard.
- Click Submit.
- Complete the rest of the transaction on the credit card bezel.
- Select the yellow Start Button on the credit card bezel to approve the transaction.
- Insert your card when instructed, chip first, facing you.
- The transaction is processing.
- Wait until the transaction is finished processing before removing it.
- Once the transaction is finished, it's safe to remove your card when prompted.
- Once the transaction is approved, select Print Receipt and Continue, or Continue without Receipt.
- The transaction is complete and the newly added amount will appear on the card balance screen on the X-Changer.
Add Value to a Card Using A PRE-PAID Card
In some locations where a credit card can be used to purchase a new card, it is also possible to use a PRE-PAID card. If this feature is available, then you will see an option on the screen that you may select to use a credit card/debit card. Once this option is selected, you will be guided through swiping or inserting the pre-paid card on the credit card bezel. A receipt may be available from a remote printer in the store. See the store attendant for the location of the receipt printer, or follow the onscreen instructions. Follow the instructions below to use a pre-paid card.
Even though pre-paid cards can be used to add value to an existing card, only the amount on the pre-paid card will transfer to the LaundryCard. Once the pre-paid card funds are exhausted, no other value will transfer to the LaundryCard.
- From the Home Screen, select either English or Espanol.
- Select Get New Card.
- Select the Credit/Debit icon in in the top left corner of the screen.
- Enter the amount you wish to add to the card.
- Click Submit.
- Follow the instructions on the card reader.
- Select the Yellow Start Button to approve the amount.
- The bezel will instruct to Insert/Slide/Tap Card.
- Swipe or Insert the pre-paid card.
- The transaction will process.
- The amount will be approved.
- The amount has been approved and added to the balance of the card.
- The value of $1.00 was added to the LaundryCard.