How to Enable a Card Reader
To access this function, your specific Card ID (The 12-digit number on the back of the card) must have EQUIPMENT STATUS selected under MAINTENANCE in permission settings . Please see your store Owner/Manager to update your permission settings. See Permission Settings and Functions for more information on how to set permissions.
Check machine status using the two Equipment screens as described above to find out what's wrong with the machine. Then remove your card and take it with you while you repair the equipment. Insert your card into the X-Changer, select the machine number, and when the Status screen appears, touch 1 MACHINE OK. This will prompt you with a solutions screen. You may select multiple options on the screen, choose the options that closest match the repair. When ready press SAVE on the screen to complete the transaction. Your name, date, time, and reason will be recorded in a history record for this machine for the owners review.
- Select Maintenance from the main menu.
- Select Equipment Status. On this screen you'll see the red machines are out of service.
- Select the machine you want to enable.
- After selecting the machine you want to enable, the machine status screen will appear. Select "Machine OK" (Status 1).
- Once the status selection has been made, the services performed screen will appear.
Check the reason the machine is being enabled.
Technicians NoteIf using a Technician class card changing the status from 'Running' to 'OK' does not require a reason to be performed.
- The machine (39) will now show black.