At times, it may be necessary to disable a Card Reader. Instructions below outline how to perform this function.
How to Disable a Card Reader
To access this function, your specific Card ID (The 12-digit number on the back of the card) must have EQUIPMENT STATUS selected under MAINTENANCE in permission settings . Please see your store Owner/Manager to update your permission settings. See Permission Settings and Functions for more information on how to set permissions.
- Insert your card into the X-Changer.
- Select MAINTENANCE.
- Select EQUIPMENT STATUS.
- An Equipment screen appears that shows every machine number on a grid.
- The numbers are color-coded:
- Black means the machine is okay
- Blue means the machine is running
- Red means the machine is disabled.
- Touch the machine number that you wish to disable. In this example, we've selected machine number 39.
- The machine detail screen will appear. The current status will say 1 as the machine is OK:Machine OK".
- Select the reason for disabling the machine card reader from the menu, click SAVE, and the current status will be updated.
- Touch the SAVE option and the machine will be disabled. (Machine 39).
This screen has a Current Status at the top, which indicates whether the machine is okay (Status 1),whether it's currently running (Status 2), or why it's out of service (Status 3-12). Select the closest description for why the machine is not functioning properly. The new status number will appear at the top. Touch DONE to exit. Notice that on the Equipment screen, that machine now appears red. This screen also will display the selected machines Model and Serial Number as well as the date the machine was put into service. This information is located in the upper left hand corner of the screen. This information should have been entered into the system when either the machine was added to the store or when the card system was installed. If this information is not displaying, it can be added through the manager's functions. This screen also will display the last card that was used to start this machine, this information is located just beneath the machine number in Blue text.